Sunday, August 3, 2008

No Good Title


For lack of anything crafty to post, here are a few pretty polaroids. These have been patiently awaiting posting for awhile. About a month ago we attended a family reunion back in Iowa, at the farm that's been in my Dad's family for almost 70 years. These are some of the pictures I took while we were there. I loved the merging of so many different textures on the side of this barn. New and old coming together so beautifully. And of course the endless skies and green fields are just, sigh, beautiful. When I lived in Iowa I always harbored such utter disdain for it. Granted I was young and rather naive but I always wondered how people could live their whole lives there and not just be dying to get out. I think it took me moving away and of course growing up a little to realize how much it has to offer. There is such a raw beauty to it and the slow pace of things very satisfying after the endless hustle and bustle of the city. It's the simple things that matter there, like family and good food. Not that those things aren't important in cities like Chicago, it's just a different dynamic and so hard to describe the difference. I begin to understand its appeal and I'm feeling my disdain melting away into longing. Longing for a simpler life, without traffic and noise, with endless green spaces for Brodi to play and wild berries for her to eat with juice stained fingers. Where am I going with this? You'll find out soon enough :)

In the meantime I'm working on several new prints for special projects. Also working on re-printing the sold-out retro kitchen and cup prints in new colors. Brodi June has also requested another new PJ dress so I'm hoping to get that started today. We spent the morning at the farmers market buying all sorts of yummy treats, so I have a lot of cooking and freezing to do as well. It's been a busy weekend but a very satisfying one. I needed a weekend like this after such a stressful week and hope everyone else has enjoyed their weekend as much as I have mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.