Monday, January 4, 2010

Mamas' Got a Brand New Bag

I've determined that it's utterly impossible for me to get a decent picture of my new bag in it's entirety, so we'll just have to muddle through with this close up for now. I've been needing a new purse / bag for awhile and just haven't been able to find what I wanted. Probably because I knew that it had to be gray, it had to be big with lots of room to lose things and it had to be simple. Finally realizing that I was just too picky and wasn't going to be able to purchase what I wanted, I went searching for a pattern. I found this one on Etsy and it was love at first sight. I made the bag out of this great gray cotton duck cloth that I've had forever. It's so stiff that I didn't need to use interfacing and it'll hold up to lots of abuse. For the lining I used some of my precious Flea Market Fancy fabric that I'm sad to say is almost gone. This was my first attempt at a bag for myself and I couldn't be happier with the result. The pattern was super simple and fast, it only took me a few hours. And, it was the perfect stress reliever, it helped make me a little less sad, as sewing usually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.