Monday, February 8, 2010

A Successful Mating

So, I didn't stay away from the computer entirely this weekend. I hopped on the computer for a bit to list this new print in the shop and did some new drawings for the shop. However it was a mostly computer free weekend and it was great, Very relaxing. Of course I didn't accomplish as much as I would have liked but I'm pretty darn pleased with that mated sock up there! With the help of Flo and our trusty DVR one of my orphan socks got a mate. I love this yummy yarn and since I finished the pair yesterday they haven't left my feet. It's Noro Silk Garden sock yarn, #252 in black, lime and blue. Just your basic sock pattern, perfect for this gorgeous yarn. I adore the rustic look and they're so deliciously soft, I'm wondering why I didn't finish them sooner. They are a bit slippery though which is not a good combo with my general lack of balance. I have to be very very careful when walking on the wood floors but it's worth it.

I also spent about three hours Saturday working on this tunic. My first attempt was a complete disaster, it was a shapeless mess that was way too big. My second attempt is getting closer to something wearable but still a little too embarrassing to share. Today, I'm a bit under the weather so I'm going to relax, finish the laundry, take a nap with baby M and try to feel better. Here's to a productive week!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I started my mate to my socks too. I'll send you a pic when I'm done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oh cute happy socks!

    thea.
    xx

    www.spoonfulzine.com

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.