Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More Shop Talk




I've just listed this new quilt in the shop. They're something I've been wanting to make for such a long time and I think the perfect thing to have for sale at some of the Farmer's Markets I'm doing this summer. I've got a few more in the works that I'll hopefully be able to list in the next week or two. I can't tell you how much I enjoy making them. It's quite a lot like painting with fabric. I love choosing the colors and arranging them with no particular pattern in mind. They turn out each so unique because I don't use a pattern. They just organically come into being as I sew and piece them together. To make them even more special I've been screen printing cotton blocks with some little illustrations that are then incorporated into the quilt. I've struggled with the price a lot. I want them to be worth my time but at the same want them to be affordable. After all, I want them to be adopted and loved. That's what they're for. We'll see how it goes...

Also, if you haven't had the chance check out the new prints, bibs and toys that I added to the shop earlier in the week. There will be a few more things tomorrow and Friday as well to round out this massive update.

I'll be back later today or tomorrow to talk kid's clothes!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of vintage linens! Are you doing the Des Moines Farmers Market this summer? Let me know and I would love to stop by and say 'hi'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you say, if you feel good inside you will feel good on the outside.
    Change your mind, smile in the morning, say: I'm happy ..... repeat, breathe, look within you. You are what you think, remember, not what they say about you.
    After many years I finally found myself, in my thoughts.
    LoVe YoUrSeLf....... I love you
    (My homespun philosophy)
    besets ensucrats desde EspaƱa
    (translate: sweet kisses from Spain)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.