Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Creative Space


I had planned on waiting to share the finished office re-do until it was well, finished. I'm just too excited though to worry about the details that will take me ages to complete so, here it is...









It was probably the most ambitious project I've tackled so far in this house and it was worth every bit of work and money. I did it on a teensy budget and only spent about $350 to do it. Not too shabby. I repainted the ceiling bright white and the walls a super yummy light peach and papered two of the walls with vintage wallpaper. (Thanks to all that make recommendations on which wallpaper I should choose! ) The whole room is so bright and cheerful, how could you not be creative in here!? The thing that made the hugest difference was taking about that monster shelving unit. Remember what it looked like? It was amazing how big and open the space felt once that was gone. I am missing the storage though already and there are a few things that still need homes but I'll get there. All of the fabric that was on the shelves in now in the cabinets below the massive new sewing / cutting table. I haven't used the table yet but I can just tell it's going to be perfect. I've even got a corner for storing all the shop inventory in one spot, yay! I'm horrible at keeping paper trails of what I have in stock so this is the perfect system for me. I can quickly see what I've got and it's easy to grab stuff to wrap up and ship it out. Even the babe has a little nook for toys and a place to sit when she's a little older. The big girl already loves to snuggle up here and read to her baby sister. All-in-all, I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. It's seldom that things turn out in real life exactly how they do in my brain but in this case I have to say, it's EXACTLY how I imagined it! There is still some finishing trim to put up, some artwork to buy and hang and some boxes of things to put away but like I said, I'll get there. Thanks so much to everyone who gave me their wonderful suggestions. I definitely used some of those great ideas.

17 comments:

  1. I.LOVE.IT!! That's my dream sewing room right there! And I'm just tickled that you have the wallpaper from my old bedroom :)

    Everything is bright and cheery and just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference! Your new sewing room looks absolutely amazing/stunning/beautiful/gorgeous and all those other superlatives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great! LOVE the wallpaper on the front of the wooden chest-- what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad you chose the vintage wallpaper -- it looks amazing!! i just love this space - it's so bright and cheery! it would definitely inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how inspiring!!! I I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh! Precious! How great does this look, seriously?!

    You should send this in to D*S as a before/after!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! it's so bright and cheerful and really matches your artistic personality. i'll bet your little ones LOVE hanging out up there with mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love everything about it! wishing i had a space like this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO good!! and yay for the vintage floral wallpaper <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks amazing! I want to come and work there too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completely worth the elbow grease to make this new space!!! Nice job lady!! I love the huge work table that you can get to from all sides.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new space is beautiful! It looks like a great place to get creative or get work done or just hang out. Like you said, things don't often work out like they appear in your head but when they do, it's heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute! what a huge difference from before! now i want to redo my space!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the new look! so bright & cheery. i'm in love with that floral wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm in love with your crafty spot, your crafting, and your shop. nice to find you. <3
    peace & love!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.