Monday, April 25, 2011

Sweetness


I hope everyone had a lovely and relaxing Easter weekend! I know I was definitely not ready for ours to be over. I did lots of puttering and lots of cooking (see super yummy sugar cookies above) and lots of crafting. It was pretty perfect. I'm still coming down from the sugar high.

I wanted to thank everyone for their responses to the last post, it was funny and really heartening to read that everyone has the feeling of being overwhelmed sometimes and struggles with time management. I personally have a problem with saying no to people who ask for favors, or help and I always to to do too much. So lately, I've been trying to say no more (it's amazing but people actually understand and don't hate you!), I'm also trying to do less. Doing less I've been able to do more. It's crazy but true. I've also been trying to budget my time. Rather than just saying "I don't have time for that". I make time for it. Even if it's 5 minutes, it's incredible what you can do with 5 minutes. I've been working on house projects, knitting, sewing and even reading again. I've been trying to spend more time just being with my kids. All in all it's really, really improved my mood and all the stress and agitation of the last 8 or so months as kind of melted away. I think I'm finally back to "me", back to the things that are most important to me. That's a great feeling. Even so, there's still a little something missing. It's been wonderful taking a break from JuneCraft but I miss it. I've needed to take extended breaks from it before and each time I come back rejuvinated and better than ever. I think this time will be no exception. Except that this time I don't have a plan. I'm still in the dreaming, scheming stage of my Etsy return. I've got definite direction yet and that feels a little strange.

There's so much I want to do, I'm just not sure which path to take! I've got some great ideas for knitted baby and kid items but I don't know if there's a market. I also might like to try a screen printed tshirt line but is that market already saturated? Am I thinking the wrong way? Am I focusing too much on the business aspect and less on what's really important? So much thinking to do but it feels good to be able to do that thinking now. Thanks for listening to me ramble. Any advice, stories, etc that you want to share please, please feel free! I love our conversations!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.