Friday, July 15, 2011

Desktop Garden



It's really no secret that I have a black thumb. Green things run away from me in horror, no, they really do. Since I had just recently killed the marigold plant on my desk I thought it would be a good opportunity for me to try something a little more hardy. That's where the succulents come in. They're sturdy but delicate at the same time. There's something so enchanting about them. I picked out three different types and planted them in this vintage milk glass vase that I already had. Although, if these do ok I may have to buy this planter for another spot, it's so cute! It was complete serendipity that the green plants matched my green vintage lamp perfectly. I adore that color. I'm hoping these will survive my well documented plant neglect but for now, I'm loving this little bit of nature on my desk.

1 comment:

  1. i love succulents!! they look so gorgeous, especially next to that lamp!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.