Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A New Jacket




My littlest one needed a new fall coat and I've been searching the thrifts / consigments for a a few weeks with no luck. I normally don't like to sew things like this as it seems like you spend way more to sew a jacket than to actually buy one. But I had this adorable flannel from Cloud 9 Fabrics already so I thought I would give it a go! I picked up some coordinating wool flannel for the outside and I used this pattern, from Etsy. It's inexpensive and SO simple! I love the clean silhouette and the style is perfect for super active toddlers. The only modification I made was to add a layer of batting between the lining and the outside to make it extra cozy. It only took me a few hours to whip this baby up and I'm super happy with the result, not to mention that I was able to make it for less than $20! I made a size larger than the munchkin is wearing so hopefully it'll last a few seasons.

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, so cozy and cute! Love the button accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric! Pretty little owls!


    Camila Faria

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sis made me some cute burpclothes out of the fabric. So soft and so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.