Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I have a dream...

Always during this time of year I get this yearning, this ache to pack up my family and go on a road trip. The months of being cooped up in the house trying to stay warm are wearing on me, despite how much I adore winter. Ever since I can remember I've had this dream of one day buying an old VW bus. I would restore it with my own two hands, and sew cute little gingham curtains for the windows. I would make quilts for my little ones to snuggle in the back. I would pile my little family into it and go on long road adventures, some of them being quite Griswold-esque. We would go west to the mountains, with the windows down, singing songs and feeling the wind blow through our hair. We would camp under the stars, toasting marshmallows around a campfire. To me, that would be heaven. That, my friends would be freedom. Hey, it could happen. (image via istockphoto.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.