Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Poppytalk Handmade - Gulf Coast Donations


I've been wanting to participate in the Poppytalk market for ages and when I saw their post about this months' market benefiting the gulf I knew this was the right time for me to get moving and do it! I've got two new prints on my virtual market table that all of the proceeds will go to Oxfam. http://www.oxfamamerica.org/whatwedo .Which, in turn will go to help communities being devastated by the gulf oil spill. In addition, all month long I'll be donating $1 from every sale in my Etsy shop. Sometimes I feel so incredibly small when I think about all of the tragedy and global disasters effecting the world and wonder what the heck I could possible do that would help or make a difference. Often I just shut down and do nothing. But if everyone has that attitude then nothing will happen. This is a very small effort on my part but if thousands of people make even this small effort it will have a huge impact. So, visit Poppytalk here and purchase something beautiful to make a difference.

1 comment:

  1. i was thinking about being a part of that too. good for you, kayanna! every bit does help.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.