Saturday, April 12, 2008

Recycled Crayons


I saw this awesome idea on this post http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235023.0 and thought this would be a great project from my three year old and I to do together. I bought some dollar store crayons, broke them into small bits and had Brodi June place them in the muffin tin (which I also picked up at the dollar store). We put them in the oven at 150 degrees for about 25 minutes until the wax had melted. I took them out and swirled the wax with a toothpick and let them cool for about a half an hour in the freezer. They popped out of the tin really easily and I cut them in half so they'd have a good point. There's also an article in the Good Things for Kids magazine by Marthat Stewart, you could use for directions. They used a heart shaped tin, which is super cute. It'd be fun to do some different shapes. Brodi loves coloring with these and it was such a fun, easy afternoon project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.