Saturday, April 12, 2008

Wicked Cardigan



Hi all! I recently finished a Wicked Cardigan. I was inspired by this beautiful version.

I couldn't find the original Craftster thread but I think it was in the Wicked sweater knitalong. The original pattern from Zephyr Style is fantastic and is really great for modifying and creating your own unique sweater. My modifications were pretty simple. I added 18 stitched for the button band and changed the seed stitch sleeve and bottom bands to ribbing. I have a previously knit Wicked sweater that I used the seed stitch on and didn't like how non-stretchy it was, so I thought I would try ribbing on this one. I used Malabrigo in the Sealing Wax color and made my own fabric covered buttons. I'm so thrilled with how it turned out and love how it fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.