Saturday, February 20, 2010

The money issue...

I feel a little strange about posting something with no photo and I'm also not sure if this is something that needs to be put out there but here it is... After coming to the realization that it's costing me money to keep the Etsy shop open I've had to increase some prices a little. While I don't ever want to think of the shop as a money making venture I also want to make sure that it's worth my time and not costing my family anything. I love everything that I put up for sale, it's a part of me and I don't want to have to stop making things. I still feel that all of my prices are very reasonable for what you're getting, which is handmade goodies made with lots of love and attention. I completely understand that not everyone will see the value in that and I'm so incredibly thankful to all of you lovely folks that do. Onwardand upward!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what your prices were like before, but they seem very reasonable to me now. I've done the same thing recently, too, for very much the same reasons. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about owning at Etsy! On one hand I'd be happy to GIVE things away, I just like it when others want my art! But on the other hand...I'd really love to make a career out of it someday. It's all about finding a balance I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.