Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Kids Clothes Week - Day 1


I was able to get some not so stellar pics of what I made last night before the storms came. Ah, I absolutely love this time of year! I spent an hour sewing last night and made some great progress! The first two pairs of baby pants had been sitting around my studio for months, all finished except for putting in the elastic. I did that in about ten minutes and had two new pairs of pants for the babe, woohoo! The sweater pants I made from the sleeves of a couple of thrifted sweaters. This is a great tutorial on how to make them. The first pair I simply made a casing for the elastic from the bottom band of the sweater. The second pair I used some rib knit I had in my stash to make a waist band. Not sure which I like better, I'll have to see how each stays put on the babe before I vote on which is better. I have NO idea what I'm going to make tonight and that's kind of exciting!


3 comments:

  1. How fun! I love these! Can't wait to see what you make next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the sweater pants! i have to try those. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how long I've been waiting to try these too. Thanks for the inspiration they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always, always welcome. Just know that I appreciate each and every one of you even if I don't always have the chance to respond.